We are pleased to announce that during October we shall be running a Raffle open to both members and non members alike!
Funds raised will be split 50/50 between the Amateur Radio Charity RAIBC and the Online Amateur Radio Community, for information on how this money will be spent, please see the background section below.
- iCOM ID31 – D Star Handheld Radio – Thank you iCOM!
- Anytone at-778v/u Dual Band FM Radio – Thank you MM7OZY
- Quan Sheng U5RV Handheld – Thank you Sinotel
- RSGB Yearbook Callbook 2021
- 49:1 unun kit – Thanks Stu M0MMZ
- iCOM Branded Cap
- iCOM Branded Flask
- iCOM Branded MessengerÂ Bag
How to enter
The competition is being managed by Raffal.com. Tickets are priced at Â£1 each. To enter the draw you must answer a simple multiple choice question. Which city is Batman associated with?Â Correct answers will be entered into the draw. The draw will be automatically completed by Raffal.com at midnight on 1st November. Winners will be notified by email at the same time! Click below to buy your tickets!
During it’s creation, it was decided that the Online ARC would be subscription free – however, as is the reality of things – every community has associated costs – from the provision of training to web hosting, field day and event costs.
In the last few months the club has been very busy, we have delivered:
- Training for 140 candidates at intermediate level
- A study room for the Full Licence
- The beyond exams program to 20 people
- A cross mode digital bridge
- A series of talks from the “Foundation Practical – What did you miss”Â to FT8 on a Raspberry pi
- Weekly nets
- A 24/7 chat and support area
- A start to a UK wide Mesh Network
Our aspirations for 2021 include finding and funding a remote shack for use by members and purchasing basic promotional materials – banners/posters – to allow Online ARC members to have a presence at all major rally’s – giving those who may not traditionally attended a Rally, or may not have been before, an opportunity to go with friends!
To allow us to fund these events members have the opportunity to donate but we also run a number of activities. This time we are looking at hosting a ‘raffle’ for an AnyTone dual band rig kindly donated by Marty MM7OZY, but thanks to unexpected generosity of iCOM & Sinotel, we have decided to split the proceeds between ourselves and a charity. A number of charities were put to the vote and the RAIBC, amateur radio support for those with disabilities, won by a fair margin. For more information on what the RAIBC does visit their website https://raibc.org.uk/